Sunday, March 26, 2017

Homemade, oil free salad dressing, an original recipe

Have been looking for a good recipe for an oil free salad dressing that is quick, easy and made from ingredients I have on hand. I can find recipes, they look great but a lot of the time I just don't have everything I need (like mustard for example, I don't know why as I just need to pick some up soon and I'll be good to go). Plus, I like to experiment with making food. So today, I made my own. It is ready in under three minutes too. Here's a video of the dressing after it was assembled as I poured it over my salad of greens, chopped walnuts and blueberries. Serious levels of yum. The video runs 11-seconds so you can see the consistency of the dressing, it's nice and thick and clings to the salad components nicely. Has a little kick to it but not over the top. Just enough sweetness. No oil. (Or "no oil!" as Dr. Esselstyn of Forks Over Knives fame would say, if you've watched enough of his youtube videos). I don't have heart disease and I would like to keep it that way, that's why an oil free option is important. Hope you like it. :)



Oil free salad dressing ingredients (rough measurements, adjust to suit taste):

  • 2 tsp apple sauce
  • 2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil (can't wait until summer is here to pick some fresh basil)
  • 1/8 tsp cardamom
  • 1/2 tsp maple syrup


Method: Combine ingredients in a small dish or bowl and pour over your salad. Store in fridge for a few days (it's so yummy it probably wouldn't last that long though).

It's that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Site